Our SkyFloor® Series 2000 walkable skylight is now ICC Certified. – Click here for more information
Glass Flooring Systems
SkyFloor® Glass Deck System
A thoughtfully planned, well-built deck serves as an extension of your home’s living space—an escape on which you can enjoy the outdoors, relax with a good book, and entertain friends. A traditional wood deck has some major drawbacks, however. It requires regular maintenance, including cleaning, sealing, and staining, and, what’s more, the space beneath it becomes a dark and uninviting space. Our SkyFloor® Glass Deck System system eliminates these concerns while allowing your deck to more seamlessly integrate with the surrounding outdoors.
Offered as a complete package, our SkyFloor® Glass Deck System consists of innovative features and options that give it unparalleled strength and beauty:
- Proprietary 6063-T6 aluminum construction reduces weight for faster installation
- Glass panels that are permanently bonded to the frame with Dow Corning’s 995 structural silicone and utilize our patented hold-down fasteners (HDFs) to restrict uplift pressures.
- Clear, low-iron glass for minimum light filtering
- Fully independent, self-supported structural framing, designed and engineered for 100 psf live load
- Designed-in, snap-on setting blocks (80-90 shore as required for structural glass flooring)
- Standard sizes available for ease of integration
- 24 fully tested, non-slip textures, included our proprietary Seeded Organic® top layer
- Custom-engineered interlayers
- Integrated railing
- Preassembled in our New Jersey manufacturing facility ensuring maximum quality control and perfected connections for ease of assembly
Choosing the right glass for your SkyFloor® Glass Deck System
The top layer of your SkyFloor® Glass Deck System consists of a safe, non-slip surface specially designed to meet or exceed the ASTM safety standards, making your glass surface as safe as it is beautiful. There are 24 available tested anti-slip textures, including our proprietary Seeded Organic® top layer, which is the only ultra-clear texture available that’s suitable and safe for wet exterior conditions. Please visit our Anti-Slip Textures to learn more about your options.
Railings and Customization
Glass Flooring Systems is the only manufacturer that offers a complete glass-decking system. In addition to providing a structural frame and the structural glass, we also offer glass railings, rods, cables, and other custom-designed railing options, allowing for an incredibly wide range of design possibilities. When you work with Glass Flooring Systems for your exterior glass-flooring needs, you receive a complete package from one trusted, industry-leading source.
There are a number of other customization options available with SkyFloor® Glass Deck System: the extruded aluminum structural framing members, which feature a powder-coated finish, are available in a variety of color choices that meet AAMA specifications. The perimeter frame features an integrated LED lighting channel, which enables you to add LED lighting in order to edge-light your glass panels in virtually any color to create the type of ambience you’re after.
To help you seamlessly integrate SkyFloor® Glass Deck System into your designs, we work with you every step of the way, providing detailed shop drawings and engineering assistance.
*Each job has different conditions that will impact final load-bearing capabilities of the assembly. Please refer to our load chart on our resources page for accurate load assessments. Each job needs to be reviewed by our engineer for final load-bearing evaluation.
Contact one of our Glass Flooring
Specialists for more information.
*Each job has different conditions that will impact final load bearing capabilities of the assembly. Please refer to our load chart on our resources page for accurate load assessments. Each job needs to be reviewed by our engineer for final load bearing evaluation.